Terms & Conditions
1) Use of this website means that you agree to be bound by the site's Terms & Conditions. If you do not agree to the Terms & Conditions of use, you must not use this site.
2) Barr & Co reserves ownership of copyright on all items featured on its website including design, text, layout, graphics, coding and the selection and arrangement of items included on the site. In particular all photos used on the website are copyright of Barr & Co and may not be used for any purpose without written permission from Barr & Co. Permission is given to copy or print from this site for the sole purpose of placing an order with Bentley & Co and for using the site as a shopping and catalogue resource. Any other usage whatsoever without prior written permission from Barr & Co is strictly prohibited.
3) Barr & Co reserves the right to change, modify, substitute or remove, without notice, any information on this site, as deemed necessary by Barr & Co.
4) This site may provide links to other websites not related to Barr & Co. The content of any such sites is not under our control; accordingly we do not accept any responsibility or liability for the content of these sites. Neither do these links signify endorsement of these sites in any way whatsoever.
5) Access to this site and the materials within are supplied free of charge. Whilst we will use our best endeavours to ensure availability of access, we cannot guarantee and do not warrant that you will have continuous access to this site. Neither do we warrant that the site shall be free from viruses or other harmful components.
6) You shall not cause any nuisance, annoyance or inconvenience to us, our customers or our users of the site.
1) All items are offered subject to availability at the time of receipt of the order.
2) Where items are out of stock at the time of the order, we will email you for your instruction as to whether you would like us to hold the item on back order for you or not.
3) Where items are held on back order for you, payment will only be taken at the point of dispatch.
1) Payment made through www.barrjewellery.com is made via RBS Worldpay, who supplies encrypted secure trading services for us. Your credit card details are not seen or held by Barr & Co.
2) We are not able to accept cash by way of payment.
3) All cheques will be cleared through our bank account prior to goods being released to the customer. This can take up to 5 working days.
1) All items supplied by Barr & Co will be sent on a “signed for” basis. In the UK this service is supplied by The Royal Mail.
2) Postage & packaging is free with the exception of goods delivered abroad and goods requested for “next day delivery”.
3) Items requested for “Next Day Delivery” will be charged an £4.50 p&p. Saturday Guaranteed delivery will cost £8.50.
4) “Next Day Delivery” is not available to customers outside the UK and may not be available to customers living in more remote parts of the UK.
5) An item requested for “Next Day Delivery” must be ordered by 2pm of the working day (Mon-Fri) prior to the day delivery is required.
6) Barr & Co will use its best endeavours to ensure that “Next Day Delivery” items do arrive on the next day requested. However we cannot guarantee that this will be the case. Should an item arrive later than the date requested then the £4.50 fee will be rebated and the customer may return the item, if it is no longer needed. Please see our Returns Policy for further details.
7) If an attempt has been made to deliver the item but The Royal Mail have been unable to deliver the item as per their delivery instructions or they have been unable to procure a signature for delivery, then the item will be deemed to have been delivered and there will not be a refund of £4.50 as in (6) above.
8) Items for delivery outside the UK will be sent “signed for” and will be charged at the appropriate rate. We will advise this figure by email prior to confirmation of the sale.
1) All items returned to Barr & Co should be sent by “signed for” delivery such as Royal Mail Special Delivery. Proof of posting will not be accepted as proof of delivery.
2) Barr & Co will not accept items for return which are aged more than 6 months from the date of purchase.
3) Items which have been damaged through misuse will not be considered for return.
4) Items for return should be securely packaged. Barr & Co cannot accept responsibility for items damaged in transit to us. For this reason we would recommend that items are sent Royal Mail Special Delivery, which includes an insurance provision.
5) Barr & Co is happy to refund payment against items returned under its: “Sure Return” 14 day guarantee. Please see the Guarantee page for further details.
6) Please see our Terms and Conditions for further details.
To return an item please follow the instructions below:
1) Drop us a quick email to let us know you are returning an item.
2) Fill in the returns form at the bottom of your receipt. If there is a fault please give a detailed description.
3) If the item(s) are being returned within the 14 day ‘Sure Return’ period, please include all original packaging. Please ensure all items are adequately protected and packaged, then marked fragile.
4) We suggest you use ‘special delivery’ as Barr & Co. cannot be held responsible for any items lost or damaged on their return. ‘Special Delivery’ from Royal mail insures you against such events, as you are responsible for the items during transit. The post office recommend that ‘Recorded delivery’ is NOT used for jewellery.
5) Return to:
Barr & Co Jewellery Ltd
1 Carmarthen Street
We will send a confirmation on receipt of your returned item(s). Refunds can take up to 30 days to process, and must be refunded by the payment method.
1) All items supplied by Barr & Co are produced using Sterling silver, and are stamped by The Sheffield Assay Office and comply with all UK Assay legislation. The Sheffield Assay office is at:
Guardian's Hall, Beulah Road, Hillsborough, Sheffield, S6 2AN
2) Item (1) above not withstanding, Barr & Co does not guarantee the total absence of nickel or other components in its products and does not accept any liability for allergic reactions known or unknown to any of its products.
3) Barr & Co takes every care to portray and describe items accurately, however as many of the items supplied by Barr & Co are handmade, individual variations may occur. Barr & Co can not guarantee that items supplied will be absolutely identical to items previously supplied. Barr & Co will use its best endeavours to ensure that items supplied match product descriptions. Not withstanding the above, no representation or warranty is given as to the accuracy or completeness of information given. In particular customers using the website to order products should note that due to colour disparities between different computer screens there may be perceived colour variations between items shown on the website and those supplied. Customers unhappy with any item they receive are welcome to return the item under our: "Sure Return" guarantee. All such items are to be returned unused and in the packaging supplied.
4) Barr & Co may refuse any return under its "Sure Return" guarantee if such return has been damaged in any way. Barr & Co will not accept responsibility for returned items received, damaged in transit to us. Please see our Returns Policy for further information.
5) Barr & Co reserves the right to alter the packaging specification as it sees fit.
6) Queries and problems through use of the website, should in the first instance be put to Barr & Co, if you are not happy with the response you should contact you credit card provider.
1) Barr & Co prides itself on its customer relationships. You are important to us. If you are unhappy with the service you have received from us please get in touch and let us know. We will do our level best to address any problem. You may ultimately wish to contact your credit card provider.
1) Any failure by us to exercise or enforce any right or provision of the Terms & Conditions shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision.
2) If any provision included herein, in whole or part, shall be found to be invalid or unenforceable (by a court or other such competent body) the validity of the other provisions of these terms shall not be affected.
3) Barr & Co reserves the right to vary the Terms & Conditions from time to time as it sees fit. Such variations shall become effective immediately upon posting to the site and by continuing to use the site; you shall be deemed to accept any such variations.
4) Nothing herein above shall affect your statutory rights.